Sunday, May 3, 2009

what is God?


When I say "I don't believe in god" in a conversation,people often say : "What do you think about the universe?", "how did whole universe come to exist?,by the chance? " Well,they expect me to answer their questions. Okay but when I ask the same questions to them,I receive only one answer. "God created!!!"Of course it is not a satisfying answer to me. Indeed,how did god decide to create the universe? How did god find that power to create it? Is there anything which encouraged god to create the universe in this way? ......etc. I can ask infinite questions about this subject. And there is not a clear answer to my questions. Obviously The God is a supernatural,omnipotent,immortal thing which you can't ask or interrogate about it in believers' minds. They don't even try to ask themselves about status of god. He is such an untouchable object in their mind. Such a taboo which is not enough to explain existence of universe. In this case believers cannot ask me about existence of the universe,life...etc. Because I don't know. Maybe nobody knows. We people are too little,too small to answer the questions about this huge universe. We can't evaluate whole universe with the rules which we met on this earth. Earth in the universe is like a piece of sand in the desert. We may have a lot of way to understand the universe. Now we are just trying to find the answers one by one. Everyday inch by inch. This is why science exists.We will learn a lot of things and a lot of thing will be changed in the future. It is too early to accept unchangeable taboos to answer the questions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment